Friday, April 30, 2010

I hold in my hand the final envelope...

This month of poetry is ending more with a whimper than a bang, but The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost still seems like a fitting poem on which to end. This exercise is clearly not on my beaten path, but I have enjoyed it and gotten some good feedback.

Putting these together made me think about other aspects of oral tradition. Punch lines of jokes and movie quotes are often part of a team's culture at work. Many of the better organizations have shared stories, of adversity, success, or special behaviors. One of my employers had a number of corporate stories that helped focus my efforts.

Think about the poems that influence your life. Ones that make you happy, help you to weather tough times, or remind you of special people.

If you applauded today's title, then I must quote Karnak, "May a weird holyman recite dirty limmericks to your sister."

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment